Some decent storylines developing at the 2009 WSOP Main Event. Here’s what we’re looking at today:
- Can former ME champs Joe Hachem (490,000) and Peter Eastgate (397,000) make November NineTM runs?
- With only a handful of women left in the field (we’ve seriously found about 6-7, hopefully a few Caseys, Jamies, and Euros with girly-sounding names end up being chicks so we can at least get to double-digits), who will win the Last Woman Standing CupTM. Currently, Nichoel Peppe, a woman, is the biggest stacked of the females, just shy of 900k.
- Is this the year Phil Ivey makes it to the final table? He’s come close before, and has never looked more focused. He currently top 20 in chips with over 1.2M.
- Lou Diamond Phillips? Really?
- Will fan-favorite and PokerRoad.com‘s Joe Sebok continue his run?
UPDATE: Only three women left. This may end soon.