The 2011 WSOP Europe Main Event played down to 25 with plenty of big names remaining.
Leading the way is Max Silver from London, stacked at 1,780,000. He’s closely followed by another Brit–Chris Moorman with 1,769,000.
Amir Lehavot is third (1,398,000) and Shawn Buchanan is fourth (1,267,000).
Other notables still alive include Patrik Antonius (696,000), Jake Cody (522,000), Erik Seidel (242,000), and Tony G (226,000).
For those interested in facts and figures:
- Six U.S. Americans and six Brits remain.
- With her 27th place finish for €32,000, Maria Ho, a woman, became the first woman to ever be the Last Woman Standing in both the WSOP and WSOPE Main Events.
- The average life expectancy for someone in the U.S. is 77-80 years.
- At 51 years old, Erik Seidel is the oldest American left in the field and based on averages may only have another 26-29 years left.
- Both Chris Moorman and Shawn Buchanan could overtake Ben Lamb for WSOP Player of the Year honors.
- About 85% of the mass in the universe is “dark” matter.
- Phil Ivey has still not played a poker tournament since Black Friday.