The 2013 World Series of Poker (WSOP) was revealed this week.
Play will begin on May 29th, with the Main Event launching on July 6th.
Ty Stewart and Co. keep getting jiggy with it every year. Plenty of new events and creative additions this year. Some things to look for:
- Event #6 on June 1st is a single re-entry, $1,50o NLH “Millionaire Maker” event. The tournament will alter its payout structure to guarantee that 1st place receives $1M.
- All June is large “No Limit Weekends.” If it was 2009, we’d call them Donkaments. But they’re featuring lower buy-in ($1,000 & $1,500) NLH tournies.
- Event #34 on June 19th is the WSOP’s first ever Turbo event. It’s a $1,000 buy-in with blinds moving about as fast as a Rick Pitino one-night stand.
- Event #47 on June 26th is this year’s version of the ONE DROP. Instead of a $1,111,111 buy-in, this one is “just” $111,111. The 3% Rio rake will go to the ONE DROP charity.
- The $50,000 Players Championship is back on June 30th.
- And degenerates (and Asians) rejoice as a non-bracelet $5,000 buy-in one-card Chinese poker event has been added on July 13th.
To the non-rejoice of degenerates everywhere, some events will have 10am and 11am start times this year.
Read about the full schedule here.