The 2014 WSOP Main Event wrapped on Day 3 with 746 players. Since 693 get paid, math math math we’re almost in the money!
Leading the way is Andrew Liporace of one of our favorite places on Earth, New Orleans, LA, with 1,128,000. He’s closely followed by Mehrdad Yousefzadeh, whose name looks like our keyboard sneezed into WordPress, with 1,124,000.
Like any true poker player, Liporace, who has just over $68,000 in live career cashes, immediately took to Twitter after play wrapped looking for swaps:
Currently have over 90% of myself going into day 4 as the chip leader 1,128,00 Looking for swaps Please Retweet
— Andrew (@THAKID113086) July 11, 2014
Among other notable stories:
- Phil Ivey is still doing well, but only inched his stack up, ending play with 522,500.
- Paul Pierce, he gone. Pierce made a deep run but busted towards the end of play.
- As noted on wsop.com, Ronnie Bardah is looking to cash for a record five straight Main Event. We asked Merch what he thinks of that. Says Merch: “Five. FIVE? FIVE???!!! That is nucking futs! When I was five, Pappy Jackson, who wasn’t my real pappy but was a direct descendant of Stonewall Jackson, said to me he says, ‘Michael, drink this. It’ll help you get over them chicken pox.’ So I drank it. Three weeks later I woke up from a coma. Comes to find out, Pappy Jackson gave me some lemonade. It was what I believe they call a placebo. Turns out I was just sleepy from all that scratching. Anyway, does anyone know where I can get me some of this placebo stuff? I’d like to mix it with some turpentine.”
- In the Last Woman StandingTM race, Maria Ho is still in contention, stacked with 182,500. Read more about the LWS race here.
- The only past Main Event champ still alive (in the tournament) is Huck Seed with 249,000.
- Inventor of the Stansifer EffectTM, Tim Stansifer, is also still in with 318,000.
Get full chip counts here.