Here’s what happened during the time it took to John Juanda to play out the final table and win the WSOPE Main Event:
- The OJ Simpson armed robbery trial finally went to jury, meaning he’ll very soon finally do some jail time. [link]
- Citi was set to acquire Wachovia… [link]
- …but that was scrapped when Wells Fargo swooped in with $15B. [link]
- Sarah Palin had completely lost all credibility with most of America… [link]
- …then regained it (somewhat) with an above-average VP debate performance. [link]
- The Senate passed along an economic bailout bill to the House loaded with pork. [link]
- California decided they needed a $7B loan too. [link]
- Rachael Ray might’ve given "handjobs" a new nickname: buttering the corn. [link]
- Bill O’Reilly goes after friend-of-online poker Barney Frank, calling him a "coward." [link]
- Steve Fossett‘s remains are found after he goes missing…a year ago. [link]
- And it turns out the main reason men cheat is because we’re so sensitive. Wtf? [link]
- And it’s actually business as usual for the Chicago Cubs. [link]
Otherwise nothing happened.
Get full payouts here.