PokerStars Going Public

HomeMake room, Anurag Dikshit (yep, still funny).  Another poker behemoth wants to go public.

PokerStars, the world’s second largest online poker room, plans to launch an IPO, according to the Times Online.

The company has appointed NM Rothschild to sell or float PokerStars at a price of more than $2 billion. Founded by Isai Scheinberg, a former senior programmer for IBM, whose family now owns a reported 75% of the company (employees own the other 25%), PokerStars reportedly plans a second half of the year floatation.

 

Leave a Reply

(*) Required, Your email will not be published