In the $50k Player’s Championship, it should go without saying that
Surprising to some, leading this stacked field with 26 remaining is Viktor ‘isildur1′ Blom. The Swede is currently stacked at 1,262,000. He’s closely followed by David Oppenheim with 1,165,000.
Other interesting story lines in contention include:
- Andy Bloch (667,000) – Can he avenge(?) his 2006 runner-up finish as well as capture his second bracelet of this WSOP and continue the Year of the Pro Who No Longer Has a Sponsorship DealTM?
- Michael Mizrachi (632,000) – Can the so-called Grinder win his second Player’s Championship in three years and continue the Year of the Pro Who No Longer Has a Sponsorship DealTM?
- John Monnette (586,000) – Can Monnette win his second bracelet of this year’s WSOP, get a stranglehold on the Player of the Year rankings, and be recognized by more than 2% of the poker public as he walks down the hallway at the Rio?
- Phil Ivey (397,000) – Can Ivey solidify his POY status over Monnette, make his sixth final table of this year’s WSOP, win his ninth bracelet, and continue the Year of the Pro Who No Longer Has a Sponsorship DealTM?
- Phil Hellmuth (28,000) – Uhhh…Hellmuth took a big hit at the end of the night. Can he mount the biggest comeback in Player’s Championship history?
Get full chip counts here.