- 27 players compete in a $1M freeroll (<–great they’re doing this, btw). The entire final table gets paid, and the winner banks $500,000.
- 5 automatic bids to previous TOC winners (Annie Duke, Mike Matusow, Mike Sexton) and previous year’s WSOP and WSOPE ME winners (Joe Cada, Barry Shulman).
- 20 spots filled out by fan voting. In order to qualify for fan voting, you must have won a bracelet (Sorry Gus, durrrr…)
- 2 “sponsor exemptions” (you’re welcome, Gus, durrrr…)
- The event will be televised on ESPN.
Not a bad idea by the powers that be at the WSOP. First, it gives some money back to the players. Second, it gets some fan participation going. Third, it gives us another potentially high-profile WSOP TV event, which felt somewhat missing last year.
Interestingly, Russ Hamilton was left on the ballot. Russ, who hasn’t been seen in public since this ambush, was NOT invited tot he special WSOP ME winners-only event last year.
Vote for your top 20 at the wsop.com site here and let us know who you picked.